Level 1 Robotics: Digital Technologies Electronics
Teacher in Charge: Mr H. Russ
This course offers the opportunity for students to extend their experience of the year 10 program in electronics and robotics technology or start a program of study in the applications and manipulation of electronics environments for technological applications.
You will learn to:
• solve technological problems
• learn bout and use basic electrical and electronics theory, programming and controlling embedded systems, which are machines with small computers in them to make them smart
• use computer software to design and build electronic circuits
• recognise and use electronic components to build circuits for digital control applications
• design, construct and test a self-controlled mobile robot
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
“It is strongly recommended that students have a laptop computer capable of running Windows for this course, as the majority of the course work requires the use of the Arduino programming environment and Diptrace for designing printed circuits. Students need to be able to use this software at home as well as school, to get the most out of this course.”
$30 – this will cover the materials and component costs of most of the projects undertaken as a part of the course, however any extra materials needed for self-directed and complex or large projects may require the purchase of extra or specialist components
Recommended Prior LearningOpen Entry
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 15 credits.