Level 1 Dance
Teacher in Charge: Mrs E. McKellar
You will learn to:
• explore, investigate and describe the features and backgrounds of a variety of dance genres
• develop and demonstrate skills in selected dance genres and styles and explore the use of a variety of technologies
• select and use choreographic devices, structures, processes and technologies to develop and give form to dance ideas
• prepare, rehearse and perform a range of dances and demonstrate an understanding of the performance requirements of the genres and contexts
• describe, explain and respond to the ways that dance uses elements, devices, structures, performance skills and production technologies to communicate images, themes, feelings and moods
Recommended Prior LearningOpen Entry
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 16 credits.