Level 1 Japanese
Teacher in Charge: Miss L. Cumberland
You will learn to:
• understand and produce more complex language
• communicate beyond the immediate context, for example, about past and future events
• ask for, give, and respond to directions, ask or direct others to do something or not to do it, and express likes and dislikes
• understand and produce a variety of text types
• communicate information, ideas, and opinions through different text types in a variety of contexts
• express and respond to personal ideas and opinions
• communicate appropriately in different situations
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
A one year subscription to the on-line resource Language Perfect (approximately $20) will be required as part of stationery.
Recommended Prior LearningA full year of Japanese at Year 10 is strongly recommended for entry to level 1 or at the discretion of the Head of Faculty
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 14 credits.