Level 1 Fabric Technology
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Singh
This course is based on the technology curriculum and is assessed against a combination of achievement standard credits. There are no examinations, however Achievement Standard 91049 and Achievement Standard 91063 are assessed externally. Students will complete two major portfolios, embedding some achievement standards with one another. The focus is on skill development, creating and adapting patterns to construct a product. The projects are designed for students to use a technological approach, as well as their creative skills, when developing their design and technical skills. Students create a range of products for themselves and are also encouraged to enter into design competitions.
You will learn to:
• research and investigate existing trends and uses of materials
• develop technological outcomes in relation to needs and opportunities of stakeholders
• understand planning processes
• critically analyse own outcomes
• develop knowledge of various skills and techniques on fabric and commercial pattern
• understand properties of materials and its use
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$30 - Students will be supplied with the basic resources needed for mock-ups and trials. Students to supply their own fabric and pattern for garment construction.
Recommended Prior Learning10 Technology Fabric will be an advantage or at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Total Credits Available: 22 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.