Level 2 Chemistry
Teacher in Charge: Mr J. Grigg
Students following a full time course in chemistry will be offered a selection from the above achievement standards.
You will learn to:
• develop an appreciation of the chemistry of the modern world
• work logically through problem solving situations
• gain an appreciation of chemical concepts and processes
• recognise and discuss different types of chemical reactions
• carry out practical work, make observations, take and record measurements and evaluate techniques and processes
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course book costing approximately $35 and their own scientific calculator. Education Perfect (recommended) $20.
Recommended Prior LearningStudents must have gained a minimum of 12 Science achievement standard credits from level 1 Science, (10SCX OR 11SCI) including AS90944 or at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.