Level 2 Early Childhood Education
Teacher in Charge: Mr K. Kandasamy
Early Childhood Education is an excellent vehicle for learning many of the skills required in other areas of education and indeed life. In particular, through early childhood education students may learn about themselves and their relationships with others, develop their view of children, their relationship to children, expand and challenge their belief system, develop listening, communication and relationship skills. By selecting this course, students are prepared to advance into higher level early childhood education and care.
This course is offered in partnership with Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT). At the end of the year, students who earn a minimum of 20 credits will receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement in Early Childhood Education (Level 2). Those students choosing Early Childhood Education at year 13, must earn a minimum of 14 credits to receive a ‘Certificate of Achievement in Early Childhood Education (Level 3)’. Students who enroll for this course will also spend some time in early childhood centres, acquiring hands-on experience.
You will learn to:
• be introduced to education and care of young children in an early childhood setting
• develop a greater understanding and experience of early childhood education
• gain skills useful to any employment or life experience involving interaction with children
• begin your preparation for advancement into tertiary education
• see early childhood education as a possible career pathway
• earn credits towards your NCEA Level 2 qualification
Recommended Prior LearningOpen Entry
Total Credits Available: 20 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.