Level 2 Dance
Teacher in Charge: Mrs E. McKellar
You will learn to:
• investigate and evaluate the effects of individual, social, cultural and technological influences on the development of a variety of dance genres and styles
• extend skills in the vocabulary, practices and technologies of selected dance genres and styles
• choreograph solo and group dance works, using choreographic processes, devices, structures and technologies to communicate choreographic intentions
• generate, plan and record choreographic ideas and processes
• apply rehearsal and performance skills to a range of dances, using appropriate techniques and expressions to communicate specific intentions
• analyse, explain and discuss aspects of performance and choreography in a range of dance works
Recommended Prior LearningCompetency at level 1 or at the discretion of the Head of Department
Total Credits Available: 26 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 22 credits.