Level 2 Engineering
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Payne
You will learn to:
• work safely in a workshop environment
• use and handle tools in the correct manner
• make pieces of simple machinery that must fit and work together
• use engineering machinery safely and in the correct manner
This will be achieved through either
• the manufacture of a scooter frame that will be able to be used to make a 49cc motorised scooter, (not for road use). The cost of the scooter to be motorised will be in the region of $200.00. The final cost depends on the exchange rate of the New Zealand dollar.
• the completion of a range of products such as tool chest with draws, charcoal barbeque etc. These will ncur no cost but achieve the same unit standards on offer.
Recommended Prior LearningOpen Entry
Total Credits Available: 19 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 19 credits.