Level 2 Product Design
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Brinsden
You will learn to:
• identify problems from a given context and produce technological solutions
• extend your range of practical skills
• research and examine alternative solutions to the problems addressed
• critically evaluate your own work
• optional standards allow students to research design styles through the eras and to create a display using a body of visual work in a specific environment
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$45 – this will cover the materials cost of most of the projects undertaken as part of the course however, any extra materials needed for complex or large artifacts produced for clients as a part of the evidence for assessment may need to be purchased separately.
Recommended Prior LearningSuccessfully completed the level 1 materials technology course with at least 10 credits or having completed a materials course completing the achievement standard offered.
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 19 credits.