Level 2 Technology Fabric
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Singh
This course focuses on further developing the creative and technical skills required to pursue a career in the design industry. Students will have the opportunity to use creative problem solving skills, use pattern drafting, printing, sewing and design skills to earl level 2 achievement standard credits. The projects require students to use technological practice to design and develop a portfolio of work for specific events and themes. Students who participate in this course will be preparing themselves for tertiary study in fashion, costume, interior, textile or any of the creative design courses.
You will learn to:
• undertake brief development to address student identified issue
• select and use of planning tools to manage the development of an outcome
• develop conceptual designs for an outcome
• demonstrate understanding of how materials are made and used
• create a wearable outcome for an occasion
• be able to select and adapt a commercial pattern
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$30 - Students will be supplied with the resources for mock-up and trials. Students are to supply their own fabric, notions and pattern for garment construction.
Recommended Prior Learning11 Technology Fabric will be an advantage or at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.