Level 3 Dance
Teacher in Charge: Mrs E. McKellar
You will learn to:
• investigate, analyse and discuss the features, history, issues and development of dance in New Zealand, including the contribution of selected individuals and groups
• extend and refine skills, practices and use of technologies in a range of dance genres and styles
• develop a concept and produce original dance works, using appropriate production technologies to communicate choreographic intentions
• select and apply rehearsal processes, performance skills and production technologies to enhance the communication and expression of dance works
• critically analyse, interpret and evaluate the artistic features and the communication of ideas in a range of dance works
Recommended Prior LearningCompetency at Level 2 or at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Total Credits Available: 30 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 26 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 30
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.