Level 3 Physical Education
Teacher in Charge: Mr D. Jardine
You will learn to:
• participate in a triathlon and describe how this influences your well-being and devise strategies to apply to this training
• create a personal training programme designed to enhance your own performance
• appraise your own performance in a chosen skill
• evaluate the effectiveness of programmes designed to enhance your performance in the context of the Tough Guy/Gal Challenge
• critically analyse current issues concerned with physical activity in New Zealand
• participate and examine different leadership principles and implement these principles in a physical context with the junior school
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Approximately $65 – Tough Guy/Gal Challenge and $45 Triathlon entry fee
Recommended Prior LearningStudents must have achieved a minimum of 16 achievement standards in credits in level 2 Physical Education, Outdoor Education or all achievement standards in Sports Leadership at merit level. Physical Education uniform is compulsory. Entry to this course is at the discretion of the Head of Faculty.
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 23 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 23
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.