Level 3 Design and Visual Communication
Teacher in Charge: Mr G. Brinsden
Only choose two out of the three marked with an
You will learn to:
• use a problem solving process to produce an appropriate solution
• extend the range and quality of graphical skills
• apply a range of technical and drawing skills
• examine alternative solutions when analysing problems
• critically evaluate own work and that of contemporary and historical graphic design
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$30 for graphics kit and portfolio, in addition a drawing board would be useful. There will also be a possibility for interested students to purchase a 1 year (off site) licence for SolidWorks for $10. This could be used during their Product Design project.
Recommended Prior LearningA minimum of 12 credits in level 1 Graphics, Art or Technology and 8 Literacy credits.
Total Credits Available: 28 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 10 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 18 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 28
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.