Level 3 Sports Leadership
Teacher in Charge: Mr D. Jardine
You will learn to:
• demonstrate skills in tramping to successfully complete a two-day Pinnacles walk
• plan, perform and evaluate a coaching session for junior students
• understand how people learn new skills and also the most effective way of teaching them
• plan and perform exercise techniques safely in a weights room
• appreciate how the body functions during physical activity
This course leads on from the 12PSL course in level 2. Students who successfully complete all standards in both courses will also be awarded a Certificate of Achievement in Sport Leadership from Manukau Institute of Technology.
Recommended Prior LearningStudents must have achieved 12 credits in level 2 Physical Education, Outdoor Education or Sport Leadership. Physical Education uniform is compulsory. Entry to this course is at the discretion of the Head of Faculty.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 24 credits.