Level 3 Technology Fabric
Teacher in Charge: Mrs B. Singh
This course focuses on refining the creative and technical skills required to pursue a career in the design industires. It provides the opportunity for students to gain credits at level 3 and is a university approved subject. Students will build their portfolios using a technological approach to develop innovative and creative products. Use of a wide range of skills and materials are encouraged to reinforce and further develop students' learning. Students who enter into this course will be preparing themselves for tertiary study in the fashion, textiles, interior, costume or any design related industry.
You will learn to:
• develop a means to document and manage the development of a portfolio, design a one off garment that will meet stakeholder needs
• demonstrate your ability to use skills within area application(s) when developing a garment
• describe responsibilities (including legal, ethical and moral) to the wider community and the impact this has on the design industry by different technologists
• bring together knowledge, skills, ideas and methods from different sources to your own practice
• develop a portfolio of fashion drawing
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
$30 - Students will be supplied with the resources for mock-up and trials. Students are to supply their own fabric and pattern for garment construction.
Recommended Prior Learning12 Technology Fabric preferred or at the discretion of the Head of Department.
Total Credits Available: 24 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 20 credits.
Approved subject for University Entrance
Number of credits that can be used for overall endorsement: 24
Only students engaged in learning and achievement derived from Te Marautanga o Aotearoa are eligible to be awarded these subjects as part of the requirement for 14 credits in each of three subjects.
fashion designer, fashion stylist, dressmaker, machinest/cutters, personal presentation, sales assistant/clothing/furniture/retail industry, tailor, teacher, textile designer, theatre costume designer, pattern designer, pattern cutter, quality controller, personal fashion assistant, jewellery design,