Level 1 General Science
Teacher in Charge: Ms Z. Mohammed
This course is the prerequisite course for most senior science subjects, (Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Science) and it is expected that most students will continue into level 1 General Science from Year 10 Science.
You will learn to:
• understand why materials are different from one another
• represent chemical reactions using formulae
• investigate the reactions of acids and bases
• understand how genes cause variation between organisms
• appreciate the importance of variation within a population
• understand how carbon is added, removed and stored in our environment
• collect process and report on information about a biological issue
• understand the relationship between energy, forces and motion in everyday situations
Contributions and Equipment/Stationery
Course book costing approximately $25. Education Perfect (recommended) $20.
Recommended Prior LearningStudents will have completed a Year 9 and Year 10 Science course and be working above Level 4 of New Zealand Curriculum
Total Credits Available: 23 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 12 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 11 credits.