Teacher in Charge: Ms A. Ma
The focus everyday conversation topics in China as well as some survival skills.
You will learn to:
• understand and construct simple texts using your knowledge of the target language
• understand and produce information and ideas
• describe aspects of other people, your own background and immediate environment
• express and respond to personal needs and interests
• use cultural knowledge to communicate appropriately
• communicate in different contexts e.g. talking about family and occupations, discussing your favourite hobbies and schedule, buying food and shopping in China, ordering food and drink from a Chinese menu, discussing what foods you like and why, describing people and feelings.
This 10CHI course allows advanced students to enrol to sit the Listening and Reading end of year external exams to gain credits at NCEA Level 1.